Saturday, August 14, 2010

My new therapist

I never really thought I'd be one to start a blog. But I've come up with a few reasons.
1. Basically, I'm tired of laying in bed at night with a million thoughts going through my head and nowhere to sort them all out.
2.Recently, my doctor told me that with the stress of 5 kids- all deemed "special needs"; dealing with DCS (4 of the kids are foster children, 3 we've filed to adopt and the 4th we are waiting on TPR of BM), trying to sell the house, 8 therapists/wk, weekly dr appts, nursing school, and trying to maintain my marriage, that I should consider fitting in a shrink. Out of all of that, I think nursing school is the biggest stress haha. I'm 25 years old and feel like I'm 80. I've gone from being an A student to praying I'm passing. I have chronic nausea and weekly migraines. I feel like I'm backsliding in my relationship with God, and I need him now more than ever. My husband and I are becoming strangers- I actually waved at his winky the other night as he was changing and said "Long time no see. I'll see you again in 18 years!" (At least I'm maintaining a tiny sense of humor...right?)
3. Multiple people have said "Wow, you're crazy". I'd finally like people to see that we aren't crazy, just doing what God has asked of us by bringing these children into our family. We aren't crazy, just crazily blessed. Perhaps we are slowly boarding the crazy train, though....
4. Friends and family are asking me for updates on everyone all the time, but I feel like I never get back to them. I don't mean not to call or write, but by the time I sit down at night, its too late to call and I'm so exhausted. So hopefully blogging can reach people. I type much quicker than I write!
5. It might be kinda cool to look back on old blogs and see that we are surviving!

SO I guess that anyone who reads this is now my new therapist. Please leave comments and advice, because basically....I have no idea what I'm doing!

2 comments:

  1. Yay ill b the first to leave a comment! Good for u and starting a blog, sounds like u have alot on your plate! I hope this will help u sort out all your problems! Thanks for letting everyone enjoy your blogs! Amy Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I think getting to get everything off you mind will help relieve atleast some of the stress!! I laughed soooo hard when I got to the bart about you waving at Ians "winky"!!! I know how hard it is to get alone time or just having the energy for any kind of intimacy and I only have one kid!! I think you both are amazing people for everything you are doing for your children!

    ReplyDelete